Tuesday 14 February 2012

We'll meat again.....

Sorry about the pun.

Today's blog is all about meaty feasts -  and how to feed lots of hungry adults over and over again. (I feed five at the moment- including my elderly parents for whom I operate a sort of 'meals-on-wheels' service so I have to make sure there is enough food leftover for them each time .)

I started by making a beef ragout- 750g beef mince, (1 onion, 10 pitted olives, 1 carrot, chopped mushroom stalks left over from the mushroom cup recipe, 1 beef stock cube and a dash of Worcester sauce- all blitzed in the food processor), 2 cartons of chopped tomatoes and a tablespoonful of tomato puree.Fry the vegetable mix until soft and then brown the mince with it.Add the tomatoes and puree. Either cook on the stove on a low heat for half an hour (lid on) or cook in a slow cooker for 3-4 hours. Adjust seasoning (I like to add a dash of red wine vinegar too).

This will make spaghetti sauce for five...



and a lasagne for six as well! Layers of ragout, pasta sheets, white sauce- finished with grated cheddar cheese and parmesan.

Hungry yet?




No comments:

Post a Comment